Saturday, April 26, 2014

Linear thoughts

Um texto que eu tinha escrito há uns anos. Achei legal e queria repostar aqui no meu blog para não perde-lo.O texto está em Inglês mas o meu Inglês sempre foi fácil e é fácil hoje também. Se quiser pode ler os meus pensamentos. Colei embaixo.

    " I had been wondering over some topic that we studied long time ago in our Social Studies subject in school. It says that, "Only giving and taking makes a culture rich". I bet that generations after generations, students are reading these same lines, writing exams and even holding top positions in University examinations. But I guess very few people tried to understand the deep meaning of these lines and I am not ashamed to say that only later in my life , I could make what it actually means.

           Well, people will screw me if I bring about the topic of India to this point of discussion. Because we Indian people are born with the inborn quality of "WE ARE THE ONES".I have been suffering from some "Cultural Indigestion" for nearly three years since I started to think something out of the box. Born as an Assamese, I am fed with Assamese culture.Since I am born and been able to think, I had been seeing in my society that everything happen under some strictly bounded rules.Female has to be in Kitchen,she has to cook, she has to do all house hold works and male has to do outbound things. And if there is even slight change in things, it will be like something BAD BAD THING. Man must marry a younger woman. Person of one cast cant marry another cast.And if someone does, he/she is debarred from the whole society.And in fact,even though people suffer from this tradition, they never complain. Because we are so unable to think something RADICAL. This is only a few to give examples.

           There are in fact very few people from Assam that do something great to the nation or who is famous or a big guy. Why? Because if such questions are raised , we always embrace to our evergreen line : "What more we khar-khua axomiya can do?". Is this a self-satisfaction or self demotion. Instead of thinking why do not we change, we love to stick to the same old rotten linear thought process.


            In fact, we find it very tough to accept some cultural change.We never love to welcome some new culture and never want to give and take with another culture.We always misunderstand that, if we accept new changes we lose our originality.


            Well, people may complain that as I am not living in Assam and its always good to screw something where you are not in.But,is this wrong if I say for the improvement of my own motherland.No doubt, I love my motherland, I want my land to become fully flourished from all sides. Need is to change the linear thought process. Is this so much tough?And If I want to think something out of the box and do something undone there is it wrong ?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

faz fofoca aqui.